Equipped with a commercial mindset and proven analytical skills, the purpose of the Business Development Analyst is to support our retail business in all aspects of project work, strategic planning exercises and ongoing reporting.
To be successful in this role, the Business Development Analyst will enjoy communicating with stakeholders across our 21 markets and be able to turn direction from the Head of Business Development into pragmatic retail focused deliverables
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Retail long term planning
- Support the preparation of the annual strategic budget and long-term planning process by providing tools for top-down and bottom-up planning and secure alignment of inputs and assumptions with management expectations.
- Drive the transfer of management input into market plans and visualize results through meaningful graphs and comments for presentations to local and general management.
- Support the transfer period of long-term planning into budgets in alignment with key departments and stakeholders.
Budgets and Forecasting
- Responsible for tracking the development of store portfolio (openings/closings) in preparation of forecasts and budget planning.
- Provide support in transferring business plan data for new stores and markets into budget figures for selected POS.
- Drive all controlling activities during the budget/forecast process to ensure all key stakeholders understand the core business drivers behind financial developments, both on the top-line and capacity costs (actuals vs budget vs forecast).
Store Portfolio Management
- Lead monthly performance dialogues with all regions, including root cause analysis (vs last year, vs budget vs forecast) and action plan follow-up including summarizing all key takeaways in a management summary.
- Provide existing and future store portfolio management to determine areas for development, i.e. white spot analysis in existing markets, projects for improvement of existing stores and proposals for store closures.
- KPI Management: Provide follow-up development on existing key performance indicators and develop new ones which support a better understanding of business performance and provide actionable insights.
- Be the keyholder of investment templates for new stores and other store developments which include CAPEX spending.
- Be the go-to person for market managers for all questions regarding investment projects and usage of templates.
- Maintain an overview and track the progress of all store openings (<12 months).
- Develop standard tools (reports, dashboards, controlling tools) which support business reviews.
Analytical support for expansion projects
- Creation of dynamic templates for several KRM AG expansion projects into new markets or takeover of existing stores.
- Visualization of new projects by creating presentations for local and general management.
- Ongoing reporting of key business development projects to ensure internal measurability and transparency.
- Maintain simulation tools and financial models that allow management to easily run “what if” scenarios and dynamic forecasts based on current business trends.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years retail analysis experience in a headquarter or central support environment of a multi-national retailer is preferred.
- An analytical background involving maintaining risk controls against existing plans.
- Strong business partnering skills with the ability to challenge constructively and maintain strong working relationships.
- Advanced project and stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills; Excel and PowerPoint expertise is essential.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration or economics is preferred.
- An ability to remain professionally objective and maintain a flexible way of working is essential.
- Experience of budgeting and forecasting is preferred.
- A solution-orientated mindset and service approach is essential.
Please apply via APPLY button